Hello again! I’m so happy to be back, I know I’ve been gone for a while working on some new big projects but I’m here and I have about a million recipes for you. Okay, not a million, maybe some day, but definitely a lot and it’s starting with this oldie but goodie, one of my lifelong favorites: Italian Roasted Tomatoes!
Let me break down my love for these beauties into 3 categories: (1) flavor, (2) easy, (3) versatility. On the flavor front, we have all all all the garlicy goodness you could ever want, we have savory Italian herbs, and we have sweet intense cherry tomatoes. The beauty of using cherry tomatoes for these Italian Roasted Tomatoes is that they’re really rich, they have (in my opinion) the most tomato-ness in every bite. Suffice to say, these are little bursting bites of delicious.
On the second count, ease, I love this recipe because I really don’t have to do much. Chop the tomatoes, chop the garlic, stick it in the oven and then desperately try not to eat them all in one sitting. I have a little method of lining up the tomatoes in a row so I can cut 3 or 4 of them at a time but whatever works for you to quickly and SAFELY cut them in half is great!
And finally we come to versatility and I really did save the best for last. Because it’s all good when something is tasty, and it’s nice when something tasty is easy, but it’s the best thing ever when you can use it over and over and over. These work in salads, on sandwiches, in quinoa or brown rice bowls, almost anything cheesy, Italian, or really just savery is going to be 10x better with these. Here’s my top 5 uses:
- With chopped raw veg (like peppers & onions & cucumbers) and brown rice and hummus
- With fresh mozzarella and pesto and (gluten free) bread
- With (gluten free) pasta and parmesan and maybe a dash of cream (almost an alfredo but not quite)
- On (gluten free) pizza with all the cheese
- Roasted tomato brushetta? Oh yes! Mix raw with roasted tomatoes for best results here, most people eat it on crusty bread but I’m super partial to using it as a sort of salad dressing!
Okay, convinced you need these in your life? Here’s how to get them!
Italian Roasted Tomatoes are Vegan and Gluten Free!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 375
- Cut tomatoes in half and chop garlic (I like to leave mine on the rougher side here)
- Toss everything together and roast about 30 minutes until tomatoes look soft and your home smells amazing!