These mocha latte truffles are as easy as it get- just pulse and roll- they’re as delicious as something called “mocha latte truffles” sounds like it should be AND, as if this recipe even needed to get better, they’re actually healthy. What? Oh yes, welcome to the magic of date truffles!
They’re also my favorite word, you guessed it, customizable! You can adapt this mocha latte truffle recipe for whatever flavors you want AND whatever you have. They stay good (if you don’t devour them all) for at least 2 weeks kept in the fridge.
What’s really key to these Mocha Latte truffles is the espresso. I know most people aren’t as coffee obsessed as I am (which is probably good for the world haha!), so while getting some super finely ground high quality espresso in a very small quantity was easy for me, I know it won’t be for everyone. That’s why I’ve made levels of commitment to the “latte-ness” of these truffles! So… number 1 is the best option, number 5 is the easiest access for good results. Here we go:
How to get your hands on the Latte part of these Mocha Latte Truffles….
- Grind up your favorite beans super powder fine (the finer the better since we’re eating them).
- Go to a local cafe and ask them for one shot of espresso worth of grinds (it will help if you explain you’re cooking with them). Offer to pay for it like it was brewed… just it’s not!
- Buy espresso powder in the grocery store (it comes in a little bottle)
- Grind up your favorite coffee beans super powder fine.
- Use whatever ground coffee you can get your hands on
Ready to whip these up? Here’s the recipe…
- 5 pitted dates
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ground espresso
- 1 Tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp water
- optional- teeny tiny pinch of salt
- Pulse dates, cocoa, espresso, vanilla, and water until it forms a thick ball.
- Melt chocolate chips 20 seconds in the microwave then add to blender and pulse again.
- Optional: refrigerate for 20 minutes to make rolling easier.
- Scoop by the heaping teaspoon into your palm and roll into a ball then coat in whatever you want!
- NUTRITION PER TRUFFLE
- 33 calories, 0g fat, 8 carbs, 0.5g protein
- These would be excellent with your favorite protein powder! If you are not vegan my favorite is Tera's Whey but if you are vegan try a pea protein based powder (I like the 365 Whole Foods brand).